3.05.2013

Don't worry... Be happy...

Don't worry...  Be happy...


Easier said than done Bob Marley- maybe because you had weed to take you away from reality

I have been worrying a lot lately. To be honest, there are a lot of things to be worried or afraid of. The most difficult is my dear friend being sick. In fact, I have never seen anyone as sick as her. I visit her everyday and spend time with her. The first time visited her, I was convinced she would get healed. Stage 4 cancer, who cares, nothing is impossible for God.  I have seen blind eyes get sight, fevers leave, deaf ears hear, and many other things. But it is hard sometimes. It is hard to live by faith and not by sight, especially when what you see is so heartbreaking and impossible. It is hard to pray when you don't see any results. It is hard to encourage someone to keep hoping when you don't see hope. It's hard to believe in healing, when you don't see it. It is hard to not worry when there is so much to worry about.
But God never said dont worry be happy.
He said don't worry but pray.
"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus' (Philippians 4:5-6).

It's easier said then done, but I am trying. Everyday, someone presents me with a problem: No money, abusive husband, sick child, or no food.
Sometimes I cry, sometimes I read a verse, sometimes I worry, and more times than not, I pray. Instead of worrying I just tell God. He is bigger and more powerful than me anyways. Stop trying to control everything and just trust God. It's simple but difficult: Just pray.

Listen to the song "There can be miracles"
by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.

2 comments:

  1. great blog and a great reminder. Thanks, William :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wisdom you have written. Words that everyone needs to hear. Thanks for writing them! Blessings from Grammy Mac

    ReplyDelete