6.19.2012

Building in Beira

Building in Beira


Our time in Beira, Mozambique was beautiful. Not only was the building of the first home completed, but we did some other important building. We built a leadership team, we helped strengthen and disciple the boys, and we built strong friendships and a beautiful family. God established a strong foundation in Mozambique.




 Honestly, my heart still hurts from leaving. I have cried my tears it was really hard to leave. I just love these people so much. We were a family who worked hard, prayed with others, laughed a lot, and studied the word of God together. I want our future family to be like that. I didn't know I could actually feel God's love for others, especially for the orphans and widows. I burst out in tears just thinking about how much I love them, and then I realize, that is how much God loves them. It is powerful.

Next time you read the Bible, try to look up all the verses about God's heart for the poor, orphaned or widowed.
"He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing." Deuteronomy 10:18 and "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." James 1:27
  He loves them deeply and We should too.


So now, we head to help out in Swaziland and South Africa for a little over a week. Then we will return to America by the grace of God. Thank you so much for being a part of this journey. It gets better each day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your dedicated work on not only the orphanage, but also on building the lives of the house mothers and the orphans themselves. I didn't realize how much the Bible mentions the poor and widows until I read your blog and began noticing! GOD REALLY LOVES THEM and I will try to love them more also. Blessings to both of you, my precious grandchildren!!

    ReplyDelete