2.14.2012

Mommy

It\'s dinner time. "Thank you Mommy," the boys reply. Today, I cooked for my husband and the boys we are living with. Elias, 29, Antonio 24, and Tito 21. Tonight, Donca ate with us too. There is always someone new who doesn\'t have food who joins us. I love it. God is preparing me to be a mother.

Each day, we walk the streets to buy food or go to work. Children surround us hanging on William and holding my hands. They call us Mama and Papa. It is so cute. Here, children are all around. The women tell me they are a blessing and gift from God. Because of this, they are praying for our baby. They can\'t wait for our family to start.
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one\'s youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. (Psalm 127:3-5 ESV)
God is definitely preparing us to be parents.

We work on the land many days. Yesterday, Tito climbed a coconut tree because he knows that I love coconuts. All these boys serve me so well, especially my husband. He is always helping me, protecting me or just massaging my back. I feel so blessed and want to serve God and his people even more! My friend asked me why I didn\'t have a baby yet. I told her I was not ready. She said, "you are ready." God is preparing my heart to start a family, and it is ultimately Him who decides when we are ready to have a baby!

Please pray that God continues to lead us into deeper faith. Pray that He gives us energy to serve Him and do what we can for the next month in Mozambique.

Any mommy\'s out there? Please give me a recipe on the comments section. I want to cook these boys some American dishes. I only have a fire to cook over, no burner control and definitely no oven. Let me know.
Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I love this Tara. You will be a phenomenal mother - and you already are for these little ones in your village/area. Fantastic! I will look up some recipes to send your way later today.

    Love you mighty woman of God!
    -Christy Z.

    ReplyDelete